Happy Birthday to Us!!!

38 Replies

How has your world changed since 2004?

In 2004, @Joshua Dorkin started BiggerPockets, mostly to get answers to his own real estate questions.

Twelve years ago, it never even occurred to me to look for information on real estate investing - nobody shares information for fear of someone else stealing their deal!

I'm soooo glad Josh didn't think like me! 

Over the past 12 years, we've grown from one member to 618,351 as of this very minute. We have 2,315,012 forum posts - meaning my "no one shares information" viewpoint is dead wrong! (I've never been happier to be wrong!)

Take a trip down memory lane and read about how the world has changed in the last 12 years. 

We've got some pretty great screen shots of what we used to look like back then (thankfully Josh has hired a designer since then.)

Thank you for being a part of our site, our growth, and our community. We literally would not be here without you. With your help, BiggerPockets is transforming the way the world invests.

Mindy Jensen, Real Estate Agent in CO (#FA100049656)

Happy birthday BiggerPockets and thanks @Joshua Dorkin for creating such a great source of education and resource!

Cake for everybody right?   Happy Birthday BP!!!!  Way to go @Joshua Dorkin !  Very happy for you and the team.  All those days working away in your basement and look at what BP has become:  An integral part of anything related to Real Estate Investing like nothing else in the world.  

Darren Sager, Real Estate Agent in NJ (#0897533)
862-208-2287

I must say before joining this site I didnt know much if any about investing. Happy birthday for real!!!

Rod Desinord, Real Estate Agent in FL (#SL3255845)

Congratulations Josh and team! You had the vision and most importantly the guts to do it.
Kind of like buying your first investment property.
Thanks for all you do for us investors who are better at what we do, because of you!
Thanks.

610-220-7024

Happy 12th Birthday Bigger Pockets!  

Wow... I just joined today and I am already thankful for finding this great place on the web. This is a great community. It's refreshing to find a plethora of real estate investing information tools, accessible for anyone new to pro in real estate... and the forum questions and experience sharing discussions without a massive sales pitch or product push. The best.

I feel like I am the one who got a birthday gift today. 

Many thanks to all who have made this site great!

Happy Birthday BP and Thank you @Joshua Dorkin ! Thank you for this wonderful site. Definitely made an impact in my life. I was blessed to have meet so many supportive Knowledgeable group of ppl in one place ;p  

Happy happy big 12, BP!

The site and it's people - founder Josh, staff and contributors are awesome!

Congrats and here's to 12 more and beyond!

Happy Birthday!

I wish I have joined 12 years ago!

Congratulations Bigger Pockets this site has really been a great resource for me I wish you many more years of success.

Happy B-Day BP! Keep up the great work, I love this place!

Happy Birthday BiggerPockets! Thank you @Joshdorkin! BP has been instrumental in my start in REI. From podcasts, articles, forums, and meeting Investors, BP has been the reason for my successful start. All the best for many years to come!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday BP! I am so happy I found you. You have been and continue to be a great help to me. Thank you!

Happy Birthday BP! I come to you as I go to my parents for advice. I wish I had found you sooner!

Good Birthday BP! Same as me. So glad to find this wealth of information on REI.

Happy Birthday BP!  Wonderful site, and wonderful people!  Thanks for bringing us all together.

Happy bday BP!! Thanks for making mine and thousands of others lives much much better. I truly thank you :)

Happy Birthday, Bigger Pockets!!!

Thank you so much for being such an asset to my life, all of our lives!

Your are truly the "Boom.com", LOL!

Awesome! Looking forward to the next 12. Maybe by then I can retire:)

John Thedford, Real Estate Agent in FL (#BK3098153)
239-200-5600

Happy 12th birthday BP. As others have said, wish I would have joined back then. So much wonderful knowledge and idea generation through here.

Congratulations! I am so glad that I listen to your Podcast. I wish I would have started years ago. Keep up the good work!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.