Business cards?

7 Replies

Hey guys! How important are business cards when you're first starting out? I want to be taken serious and look more professional so should I already have purchased some or should I wait until I'm a little more seasoned? 

Thanks!

My 2 cents.  It just never hurts to have them -- it's short money and helps you up your game.  Shows people you are serious and have taken enough time to consider that.  

Business cards are probably not the most important thing, but they are also very cheap.  If you are talking to people and need to leave them a way to get back to you it will be easier and as you say more professional with business cards.  They don't need to be fancy just your name and a phone number and maybe email.  The thing that will make you look professional is knowing what you are talking about, if you don't know what you are talking about then an honest business card that doesn't send a message that isn't in line with who and what you really are is going to take you further than trying to use a business card to convey an image that isn't real.

OK so what I am getting is yes I should have them but more importantly I need to be more knowledgeable which I am getting there day by day by being on here and listening to all the podcast that I can. Waylon that make a lot sense, thanks! One last question, Jim Rohn says not to major in minor things so what are 1 or 2 things that i can be doing on a daily basis that will get me closer to getting that first deal done? Right now I spend the majority of my time "driving for dollars" and hand writing yellow letters. 

Yes I did see your response but haven't had a chance to respond yet, I am going do exactly that though get some deals going and learn hands on. Hopefully I can run some numbers by you guys when I do! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here