Do You Want to Work With Me? BiggerPockets is Hiring!!!

Do You Want to Work With Me? BiggerPockets is Hiring!!!

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Do you love real estate AND programming in Ruby on Rails?

Do you love real estate AND Assuring Quality products are pushed out?

Do you love real estate and know that we need you, even before we do?

I want YOU!

We are currently looking for a full stack  Ruby on Rails Engineer . 

We are also looking for a  QA Intern .

We're also looking for people who are so awesome, we don't even know we need them yet. Tell me why I need to hire you for  Your Dream Job . 

These positions are ALL out of our Denver office. In order to be offered a position with us, you need to either live here or be willing to move here. (Trust me, Denver is AWESOME!!!)

20Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Linda WeygantPro Member
Investor and CPA · Arvada, CO · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y

I took a BASIC programming class back in 1985 in High School.  I'm a shoe-in, right?

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Natalie KolodijBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Tax Strategist| National Tax Educator| Accepting New Clients · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    I wanna work with you so bad- Damn my not knowing programming!

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    @Natalie Kolodij , can you learn real quick? We're a super cool place to work! 

  • Specialist · Lakewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    @Mindy Jensen did you know that my bucket list has only one item on it: to be able to hang out with you every day! I'm so unqualified to work there that it really is ridiculous, but I am strong enough to avoid the effort needed to become a better candidate! If you are ever looking to hire someone that you don't know that you need, offers little in the way of value, works from home on days they sleep in too long, and requires a devastatingly high salary, you know who to call!! Okay, maybe I just wanted to say hi. But if you are looking for someone with the skills I have, well, you know...
  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2009 · 80 posts · 47 votes
    9y

    I've heard of C++ and Java.  WTF$%& is Ruby on Rails lol.

  • Linda WeygantPro Member
    Investor and CPA · Arvada, CO · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    I took a BASIC programming class back in 1985 in High School.  I'm a shoe-in, right?

  • Eric BurchPro Member
    Investor · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    9y
    Sounds like fun but I Love Arkansas!
  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 388 posts · 174 votes
    9y

    My background is internet software development, mainly do project management now, but love testing software.  I'll be happy to do Q&A for any BETA software you might have coming out.  Keep me in mind!

    :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Bellingham, WA · Member since 2017 · 427 posts · 182 votes
    9y
    Too bad the QA position is an internship. I'll have to pay attention to your job listings though. I'd love to find a spot in this stellar organization if possible.
  • Mike CumbieBusiness Member
    REALTOR® · Brockport, NY · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    I was in Denver last week, Seems like a lovely place. Pretty good with the software life cycle but never heard of "Ruby on Rails". Just goes to show programming is a young persons game :)

  • Gulfport, MS · Member since 2017 · 48 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Oh wow would I love to work with you!! But then I meet no qualifications!!! Ruby on Rails? Okay I'm searching now!!  Never too old to learn!!

  • Property Manager · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 388 posts · 90 votes
    9y
    Can I suggest something , for all posts we can sort by votes, the one get most vote will be front . And should have dislike bottom too.
  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 191 posts · 165 votes
    9y
    I love real estate, I love to program (no Ruby on Rails though), and I like BP but I can't go back to working in an office! Nothing beats working from home full time. It lets my family live on one car and repeat house hack with ease!
  • Real Estate Investor · Encinitas, CA · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    @Mindy Jensen If only it wasn't for living in San Diego and lacking any kind of programming skillz... <sigh>

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    IMO BP could hire someone who understands ( researches) actual investment values and will call out all the obvious and real bogus ( sale commissioned) REI "advice". I understand this would require some seroius cajones on BPs part and if helping new real estate investors is the mission then this new position is a no brainer. An expert BP REI actual investment advisor moderator of sorts who is not influenced by personal profit.

    Good luck! 

  • Raeford, NC · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    currently in the military and will be out in roughly 2 years or less. Just started in real estate investing and hope to make first wholesale deal upon returning from deployment. Was stationed out in colorado and me and my wife already said we will be moving back as soon as we get the chance. I know this is some time away but would love to hear of possibilities when the time comes if any. I am a quick learner and even know I am still a begginer Im hooked on real estate. thanks
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    @Matthew Izarek , keep an eye on our Careers page. www.biggerpockets.com/jobs

  • Raeford, NC · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Thank you @Mindy Jensen
  • Accountant · Lihue, HI · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    What if, instead of knowing ruby on rails, we're really good at buying instant-coffee instead? cha-ching?

  • Rental Property Investor · Manteno, IL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    None of those would be a fit for me either. But I do have a couple of suggestions and/or "free" QA feedback which I'm sure you will "file" this where it belongs but I'm going to throw it out there anyway.  :-)
     
    1) Could someone please take a look at the forum posting feature when your window is not maximized? I have no way to scroll up to look at the original post. I've literally had to close out of a post and abandon the stuff I've written because the Post Reply button is missing too. No Hide link or Post Reply button is visible.  I know there's a Hide link there but sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't.  Its terrible. Put the Hide link at the bottom of the entry box so its always there.....

    2) Could someone please revamp the inbox screen? I know there was a recent update and that took it from bad to worse. All that space on the left for Inbox, Unread, etc is wacky.  And it would be nice if I could sort the list of users/recipients alphabetically in the list.

    Your unpaid QA feedback. :-)

  • Oxford, MS · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    If you ever are looking for a UX Designer/Product Manager please let me know. Denver is definitely on my list of relocation homes. Although I'm new to investing, I've been creating software for the mortgage/valuation industry for the past 6+ years.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rancho santa margarita, CA · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    have any non programming positions? Love real estate investing 

  • Ashton, IL · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Awe I would love to work for your company. But I am in Illinois. Are there any in Illinois I could work with?

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    Thanks for your interest. Currently, all positions are still open, although we've received some pretty amazing applications.

  • Nashville , TN · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I am 19 years old I do t know anything about Ruby on Rails but I am 120% sure I can learn this skill. I am willing to move and adjust. Where do I sign up

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    9y

    @Mindy Jensen how about a Grammy with an outstanding potty mouth, excellent writing skills and good proof reading / editing as well? Realtor, licensed HOA Manager, experienced flipper, and a good parenting track record? Tightwad, cook, former master gardener, and current chicken raiser. Won't relocate even though I have kids there - but isn't that why I had to learn all these computer skills? (However, not opposed to trips over the mountain when Vail pass isn't blizzard conditions.)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.