Improvement to make in Bigger Pockets forum Alerts

7 Replies

The alerts feature needs a slight filter change.  It should ignore the names of people when alerting about a search word/phrase.  

Here's an example, I've asked to be alerted when someone mentions my hometown "Corbin" but I keep getting alerts when someone Named Corbin is in a post.

Jon

@Jon Huston we also need the option of deleting posts or replies. I know it has been discussed before, but what if I'm a grammar Nazi and I didn't word the reply with perfect grammar?

@Jon Huston , thank you for this suggestion. I will discuss with our development team to detemine how feasible this would be.

You can set up a keyword alert, and then add an ignore if the post has another word in it, whatever Mr Corbin's first name is, so you don't get alerts for his posts.

Russell, I can not do that, as he doesn't list a first name.  He actually just signs his posts "Corbin".  Link to message

Originally posted by @Jon Huston :

Russell, I can not do that, as he doesn't list a first name.  He actually just signs his posts "Corbin".  Link to message

"Corbin M." Might be want you want to exclude then.

Hi Russell:

Thanks for your help.  I've found the three Corbin names in the three alerts so far:

Corbin Wafford

niquya corbin

corbin m.

I'm only seeing boxes for two excludes.  How should I put in the third exclude string?

Jon

@Jon Huston ,Our keyword alerts are set up to ignore names, so this would only happen if someone signed their name in the post. 

I'm showing multiple lines for people to ignore. I was able to add 3 and it gave me an option of adding more after that. 

Can you try to add them again? Also, if it's just one person who keeps popping up, try "ignoring" their name first.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here