Having trouble navigating to a specific forum

2 Replies

I am having trouble navigating to a specific forum.

I use the "Browse Forums" drop down menu and a list of forums show up to be selected, and if I hoover my cursor over any of those another level of subforums would be listed to it's right.

That works for me as long as I am selecting the first seven forums on the drop down menu.  Any longer than seven forums I would need to scroll down on the page because the menu is longer than the page itself.  So for example, if I want to select "Real Estate Professionals" which is way down, I have to scroll down on the page to get to the bottom of the drop down menu.  When I scroll down on the drop down menu, and hoover over "Real Estate Professionals", I know it's own submenu is being render up top, which I can no longer see because I have scrolled down to get to the first level.  The result being that I can never select from the second level menu if the first level menu requires me to scroll down.

The only work around I have found is to change the browser's character size to about 50% of normal, have it re-render the page, and I can see the entire menu, do the selection from there, then change the character size back to normal.

Is there an easier way?

Try zooming out so that more information fits on your screen. This is different than changing the character size. It will actually shrink the entire screen, including images, so that more of a page displays in one view.

I misspoke, I was actually doing the zoom out on Firefox.  I have to zoom out by 50% to get the bottom half of the menu to be selectable, but it then becomes illegible.  It would work as long as I know where it is and select it and after doing that I zoom back in.

I will probably just build my own menu via the browser, to bookmark individual forums and navigate via the browser bookmark menu instead of via the site's own menus.  That way I can avoid the ZOOM OUT - SELECT - ZOOM IN steps and also less pop ups, right now as I move the cursor from one spot to another it is difficult to avoid accidentally passing over multiple layers of pop up menus which obscures the targeted and makes you move away to come at the menu from a different spot.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here