How to Maximize Time Spent on BP? Advice for Newbies

6 Replies

I have recently found BP, and soon after went PRO. I see and hear from all that there is so much to offer on BP. But how do you focus, and utilize the different venues/tools/resources etc. without getting a BP overload?

I suppose if I had a very specific goal in mind I could focus more.

@Yonah Weiss I would give you the advice to find what your most interested in and see where it leads you. 

Once you find the topic that really makes you excited you can track down podcasts, blogs and posts that will help you maximize your learning.

Thanks for the advice @Jim Murray . I guess I am just interested in too many things.

@Yonah Weiss I too was in your shoes at one time! 

I ended up house hacking, followed by wholesaling. Only to realize that I was really good at talking to tired landlords which lead me to property management.

Don't listen to @Max Tanenbaum

@Jim Murray 's advice was spot-on. Read The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing, to gauge what you're most interested in, then start reading those forums/blogs and listening to those podcast episodes. 

If you decide your first chosen interest fizzles out, choose another one and repeat. Or if you learn everything about that first topic, choose another. We are a bit like drinking from the firehose.

We've got "Topics" you can choose from, if you hover over the "Education" tab in the navigation bar at the top of the site (they're on the left). The Topics are in Beta, and if you find an issue, please shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected] 

Thanks @Mindy Jensen . The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing is the perfect read to answer my question. I have only just begun.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.