Join a mastery program, or what are other options?

3 Replies

Hello, I've spent the last couple years learning a bit about real estate investing, but I'm not comfortable enough to try it without some guidance. I would like to have help finding properties (web pages or other strategies to find them) , help making a portfolio to show a bank when i find a good deal, access to banks and places that offer money for flips, and someone to review/remind me of things i might forget being new to investing. I want to start investing soon, but don't want to regret spending the money on a mastery if the outcome is not what i expected. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
I would suggest, instead of spending a boatload of money on guru training, is join a local REI group and attend some meetings. You can network with local experienced lenders and investors, get information, and maybe find someone to take you under their wing.

@Alisha Solache I agree with Jason.  No company will actually hold your hand through this process, which is what many of them promise.  You are way better off reading books and networking in your local area.

thank you so much!! i appreciate your opinion.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.