App mentioned by Brandon Turner in a recent podcast

4 Replies

There was a podcast that aired sometime in the last couple months where Brandon Turner had mentioned an app that you can get that monitors how much you're using each app on your phone. Anyone remember what this app was called? I made a mental note to go get it but forgot to write it down.

Pretty sure that was the Tim Ferris episode but I can’t remember the app. They mentioned quite a few that seemed to be pretty good.

@Ryan E.

I think you're talking about the "Headspace" meditation app. That one sounded pretty interesting as well, but the one I'm thinking of would monitor how much time you're on each app and will gray-screen your phone when you go over the limit you set for it. I believe they talked about it at the very end of an episode in the "Random 5".

I see that you're from Idaho Falls, I just moved to Boise from Rexburg. What kind of investing do you do over there?

Originally posted by @Brandon Pelfrey :

@Ryan E.

I think you're talking about the "Headspace" meditation app. That one sounded pretty interesting as well, but the one I'm thinking of would monitor how much time you're on each app and will gray-screen your phone when you go over the limit you set for it. I believe they talked about it at the very end of an episode in the "Random 5".

I see that you're from Idaho Falls, I just moved to Boise from Rexburg. What kind of investing do you do over there?

Ahh I skip the random 5 segment lol. Too many segments...not enough meat and potatoes! My favorite is listening to the story of the guest. Anyway, I checked the notes on the Tim Ferris episode and they had a few apps listed. Two sound like what you are looking for: 

1. Rescue Time: “Tracks time spent on apps and websites, giving you an accurate picture of your day.” 

2. Moment: “Moment is an iOS app that automatically tracks how much you use your iPhone and iPad each day.”

Hope that helps! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here