Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Rich Weese#2 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Votes |
Help Bigger Pockets- WIN A FREE VACATION!!

Rich Weese#2 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Posted Aug 19 2010, 06:11

OK. Thanks Josh.

There was another thread on donations that Josh started, but I didn't want to reply there, because more will read something for FREE than something asking for a donation!

About a year ago, I felt generous and tried to put pressure on BP members to donate to the site. I put money where my mouth is and others joined in. I suggested to Josh at the time a fundraiser project.
I would offer a free one week usage in one of my condos in Cancun. It would be auctioned off or handled as a lottery.
An average week goes for $1350 per week and unit sleeps up to 8. I'll furnish all the info and website if this is implemented.
Here is my thought. I offer the condo at a discount of $1200 to BP. Set a donation amount of either $25 or $50. If it is 25 we require 48 donations. If it is $50, we require 24 donations. All donations are made to BP directly and everyone knows when we reach the magic #.
We put all the names in a basket and have a drawing and pick the name. I'd suggest the drawing be in CO, maybe with Josh, Jon and anyone else that wanted to be there.
I take care of the usage fees, taxes and cleaning fees. The winner pays his airfare and uses it within 18 months of award. Chance to get a nice vacation for a very small risk. BP wins!
Please make your thoughts known here in this thread. Rich

P.S. Maybe someone wants to donate airfare, tic.

NOTE FROM BP 8/21/10: Please find my UPDATE post on the third page of this thread for details about how we can accept your donations to the site moving forward; the company we have used for years does not allow any kind of raffle using their accounts. Thanks.

Loading replies...