Mark K.
  • Staunton, VA
Votes |
Forum questions about the boards

Mark K.
  • Staunton, VA
Posted Mar 20 2018, 10:25

Hello everyone,

Are there any BP IT folks hanging out here?  I'm still a newbie at BP as I've only been here a few weeks.  

I've been at the Motley Fool since 1999.  A complaint there over the years have been that there forum boards are antiquated.  However, maybe since  I'm so used to Fool boards, these seem a bit old.

If not, is it possible to do the following?

At the Fool, we can click a red heart for any board to make it a favorite.  Then, if we click My Fool, we can see our favorite boards and any unread posts.

Here, as far as I can tell, we can't do that.

As an example, I was reading BP forums last night at midnight.  Around 11:30 this morning, I look at BP and it shows I have over 500 new posts.

Now, many of those posts are perhaps on boards that I don't necessarily read.

FYI, the Fool is like BP in that they want to help everyone learn to invest in companies.  BP is all about real estate.

I now have two SFR bought in the last 14-15 months and I'm looking at buying a triplex.

My XIRR with stock investing since 2005 is over 17%. Stock investing to me is easy.  Buy quality companies with the intention of holding forever.

Real estate is more work, but it's addicting.  Stocks can be bought on margin, but it's risky and I don't do it.

However, we can buy our real estate with leverage.  I find that intriguing!

I love investing in companies, but I'm finding I love Investing in real estate just as much.

At the Fool, I sign out with Fool on,

Maybe I'll use the same here at BP. ☺

I wish the best for everyone with real estate investing.  I trust I will be successful with it as I'm learning so much from the forums, podcasts, webinars and books.

If I do get this triplex I'm looking at, I'll write about it when the time comes.

Fool on,

mazske

Loading replies...