New BP podcasts not showing up Google Play

16 Replies

Try reloading the app. This is an issue with Google Play that I keep hearing from people. But it's sporadic and doesn't affect everyone.

@Alan Feldman , I have heard from so many people about this. It works in my Google Play app, and on all other apps. Try deleting Google Play and reinstalling. It should take care of the problem. We haven't missed an episode in almost 6 years. Every week we will have one.

@Mindy Jensen Thanks Mindy. I gave up on Google Play after resetting, reinstalling, etc and got Google Podcasts from the play store. Google Podcasts correctly sees the latest biggerpockets podcasts, allows for download and subscription. I'll use that until it breaks.
Originally posted by @Mindy Jensen :

@Alan Feldman , I have heard from so many people about this. It works in my Google Play app, and on all other apps. Try deleting Google Play and reinstalling. It should take care of the problem. We haven't missed an episode in almost 6 years. Every week we will have one.

I just had a 30 minute chat session with Google Play Music.  Unsubscribing from the podcasts in GPM, then going to settings/apps/Google Play Music. Clear cache, clear data (will have to download offline content again but will not lose online library or playlists).  

That fixed one of my podcast update issues but did not fix bigger pockets.  Google Play Music indicates that Google Podcasts is a different platform.  Maybe bigger pockets stopped updating GPM in error thinking that updating Google Podcasts updated both.  That is not the case.  Us listeners can't fix that.  We need your help to determine where the issue lies.  Can you help us escalate this @Mindy Jensen?

In the meanwhile, Alan is correct about using Google Podcasts in the interim.  It will wreck your OCD though lol.

@Alan Feldman   Thanks for that podcast tip.  Good workaround until Google play is working. 

@Mindy Jensen I use the Google play website alot at work and its not update. Like others have stated it stops at 295. It used to work wonderfully because I could bounce from computer to phone and not lose my spot.

Fyi Youtube is also a good workaround . 8 times out of 10 it saves my spot between computer and phone.  

I have been assured by our hosting company that we are sending updates to Google Play and Google Podcasts. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I wish Google would read this. 

Originally posted by @Mindy Jensen :

I have been assured by our hosting company that we are sending updates to Google Play and Google Podcasts. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I wish Google would read this. 

Thanks @Mindy Jensen.  Is there anyway to get the hosting company to talk to Google.  Us listeners have no way of speaking for the hosting company.

@Larry Allen , I've asked them several times for guidance about this issue.

There are other podcast apps that do not seem to have this updating problem. I use Podcast Addict personally.

I face the same problem. I'll try the suggestions made here. I subscribe to many podcasts in Google play and BP is the only one with update issues. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you