Looking to Learn How To Invest In Real Estate?

51 Replies

It’s time to stop just thinking, talking, or dreaming about the future real estate investing can give you. It’s time to start doing… And this book will show you exactly where to start.

Our sixth book of the year is available for pre-order, and it’s on a topic near and dear to us… HOW TO INVEST IN REAL ESTATE. You might have heard of the authors, too—BiggerPockets founder @Joshua Dorkin  and bestselling author @Brandon Turner wrote this book to give you an insider’s look into the lucrative business of real estate investing. 

Don’t miss out on the FREE bonus content that is only available if you order from www.biggerpockets.com/store , including a live Q&A with these two stars!

Check out the details here:  www.biggerpockets.com/howtoinvestbook

I just moved from Denver after being there my whole life.  I have signed up here and am looking for as much information and education I can get.  I am doing this late in life but am VERY motivated to get started.  Love to get your book and any info you may share.  Thanks so much

Hi, Through the years I have invested in Real Estate and rented the properties. Now, I would like to assist clients in obtaining fixer-uppers, remodel and sell for a profit. I am effortlessly looking through MLS, but there are not a lot of properties to chose from in the Central Florida area. Any ideas on how to obtain lucrative properties for my clients.

@Vivian Mejias The best deals for your clients will not be in the MLS, instead, they will be ones you find by calling the "For rent" signs or calling owners not living in the properties. You may even find a few pre-foreclosures as rates are rising and at a 7-year high. Look for homes that are in need of "love and care", you can use a number of tools onsite here to track down the owners, but MLS properties, to me, are selling at a retail level. With most, I would try and get a 30% haircut on the listed prices, but in hot markets, you may find the properties move in a few months.

Find homes that are expired listings, people may be willing to make a deal. Properties sitting for 6 months or more may have more motivated buyers. Best of luck to you! 

Awesome book idea. I'm sure it will be great. All newbies should read this and continue to network and go to meetups. Take action, live and breath your dreams. Best of Luck to everyone.

@Travis Webber the Golden Triangle has a very active investor community. There are at least three REIA's the meet monthly. In addition, i know of many other active investors in the area that fly below the radar. There are numerous "vendors" available as well. Unfortunately, the networking (member search specifically) tool doesn't work as well as it used to. I've had trouble using it to search for people locally. Hopefully the tool will improve again with future web site improvements. I suggest you send your feedback to support at biggerpockets dot com

@Vivian Mejias Where exactly in Central FL are you located? I am moving to Tallahasse next year and I am looking to buy a fourplex. Are you involved in that area? I am new to real estate investing, currently buying a property in Arkansas. 

Just started to read and learn as much as I can regarding the rental property investment and want to learn as much as i can before buying my first rental. So excited to join here and it was per the recommendation from the book i am reading;  " Rental Property Investing " by Brandon Turner

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you