Using BiggerPockets to find Help or Partners

64 Replies

Thanks 

James Vermillion for your post. Being upfront and transparent are key in any business dealings. I have been "burned" by a financial advisor who overpromise when he managed my account and now I am very cautious in any transaction that I am dealing.

I think this is a great post.It is amazing how sometimes people forget these simple rules.To me building lasting relationships must be based on trust and the other elements that you have named. It is like when you decide to date someone if you observe bs in them you probably won't be going on another date with them. I believe in practicing the same standards in business.

I have only been a member  for only about a month but I must say that I am truly inspired by the the men and women that I have had a chance to meet. Everybody freely share their time to answer questions and share their experience so I feel we have a duty and responsibility to elevate our standards and practices.Thanks again for the post.

Very constructive comments in this thread and I totally agree that integrity, honesty, truthfulness and a win win mind set would be the disposition needed to have any dealings with another humanbeing. Regardless of what we are doing with individuals in this business it is in each of us a betterment to the business to have qualities that generate a desire for others to want to work with you, I hope this is my drawing quality so that I'm able to meet with success. Living in abundence, not scarcity. 

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Brandon Moseley :

does anyone know any good title companies in maryland that are investor friendly?

I've been happy with Clearview Settlement Solutions in Baltimore...

@Brandon Moseley  in the future I Suggest you start a new thread rather than hijacking an unrelated thread from 3 years ago. You will get better response.

I concur with J Scott; Holly at Clearview in Mt Washington part of Baltimore is excellent. Cohen and Foreman are some of the best attorneys in Baltimore city. North of the city i like Jeffrey Charlow of masters title and escrow in Towson. Closer to Silver Spring I would recommend Michael Gross in Bethesda.

Originally posted by @Zachary M. :

J Scott

Those 2 individuals that you mentored; What made you want to mentor them, and how did BP connect you people together? Did they just ask, etc?

Everybody I've ever mentored has done two things:

1. Built a relationship with me before asking me to mentor them (in most cases, they didn't need to ask)

2. Offered me something, no strings attached

As for #1, pretty much everyone I've mentored I've become friends with first, and then it grew into a mentoring relationship.

As for #2, I've had someone on BP lend me money for rehab deals I was doing before they decided to get into the business and ask me to mentor them.  I've had someone who helped me with web-based SEO issues I was having with a non-real estate business -- they didn't do it on condition of me mentoring them, and it was a couple months later that I did.  I've had someone who just ended up being a good friend, and I mentored them because I liked them.  I had someone who brought me two great wholesale deals, and I agreed to mentor them as repayment for making me some money.  Etc...

Basically, the key with everyone was that there I respected and liked them before the discussion of mentorship ever came up...  It's much harder to say no to a friend than a perfect stranger...  :-)

I am a "new kid on the block". I have flipped some properties but I do not have the funds to push me. Could I be supported here? I wish to start off with wholesaling. I need a beginning to enter into a contract in a quick sale which is attractive. I need a pre-approval of funds letter to take the next step in getting into the business.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here