• Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Investors Need a Voice!

Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorPosted Aug 17 2011, 16:23

I continue to be frustarted with the current laws and regulations we as investors must deal with and it seems that the laws are mostly AGAINST us!

With that in mind, I would like to know (if there is not one already) how many here would be interested and willing to form a group, spread the word to make it a large group, so that this group could have a representative who can voice our opinions to the State and Federal lawmakers.

For instance, as a landlord or homeowner in CA, the tenants/occupants seem to have way too many rights and those rights are often abused to their fullest extent (and the sad thing is that it is legal for them to do so). And who pays the price and bites the bullet? The rich landlord of course. Well, if you are a landlord, than you are rich and can afford it right? Wrong - that is just what they think and as such we are taken advantage of.

Now other states may have much better landlord friendly laws, however, my example was only one point of many and there are issues that those living in landlord friendly states will still have. We need a voice in Washington and at the State Level.
Realtors have one in NAR, fire arm owners have several (NRA to name one), etc. Investors need one too. Perhaps the country is unaware, but it is RE investors who are imporving neighborhoods, creating jobs, and helping the economy. What do we get in return? Rules against us!

Time for that to stop.
Who is with me and what ideas do you have to start such a representation of us?

All comments welcome.

- Will Barnard

Loading replies...