New Book... Learn to BRRRR Your Way to Financial Freedom!

134 Replies

A thorough [and] understandable overview of a methodology that could supercharge investors’ incomes.Foreword Clarion Reviews

Greene is an authoritative guide, laying out his plan in well-organized, easy-to-read prose filled with specifics that readers will appreciate. —BlueInk Review

From A-Z (or B-R), @David Greene covers just what you'll need to know to execute like a master and build wealth like the pros. David Osborn, New York Times bestselling author

ORDER NOW!

Real estate is a powerful vehicle, but you need to learn to master it. Need a solid plan for getting started, even if you have limited capital of your own? What about learning unique methods to increase a property's value, or how to recover 100% (or more) of your money in a deal?

The BRRRR method has been a long-hidden secret of the ultra-rich and those with decades of experience, but this book will tear down the barriers, reveal the truth, and make financial freedom more attainable than you've ever imagined! Learn it all from bestselling author and BiggerPockets Podcast co-host @David Greene in his newest book, Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat. This book reveals how to invest in real estate and never run out of money.

…Sounds too good to be true, right? Don't take our word for it. Read the book instead! 

Order now at the BiggerPockets Bookstore and learn to BRRRR your way to financial freedom!

One comment I want to make regarding this BRRRR podcast:

The assumption being:

The average single family "newbie" investor / Average Joe" is not going to want to BUY/cash! ...a fixer upper" for more then $150- 200K..without loosing sleep at night....maybe...(a hard money loan would only add to the stress on a Newbie).

Therefore....I/ most investors would have to shop in Housing markets with homes under 200k...

In my case...living in the northeast....I am restricted to the southeast (NC, FLA, Tenn, Georgia)/ maybe...Midwest.)

I would have to long Distance Invest....

Then I would have to get a team/"Core 4" in the market. I would have to travel.. ..to be boots on the ground to network with contractors //bankers...etc..

If I overcome the above hurdles ….. I would have to place all of my  faith in my contractor.

I need to get in the right mindset to take this leap of faith!! and put on a set of Brass balls...lol

Any Feedback appreciated...

After doing brrrr has anyone created a seller financed note instead of renting it out. Avoids dealing with tenants. 

This book is amazing! David never disappoints!

Listened to the podcast tonight and cant wait to read the book, how long are the bonus items available

If he writes as well as he explained things in the podcast this should be a good book. He made me see how to focus on forming a system and inspired me to try to take on more. 

@Andrew Frishman One of the bonus items included with a BRRRR paperback or Ultimate package is a short e-book by David Greene called Long-Distance BRRRR. Sounds right up your alley! You could also check out his other book, Long-Distance Real Estate Investing. Packed full of knowledge!

@Andrew Monaghan The bonus items are available as long as the book is available! You only get all the bonus items with a paperback or Ultimate package purchase, though. Also, note that the live Q&A webinar with David Greene is on May 23rd, so you can only participate in the live session if you sign up before then. Otherwise, there will be a playback recording of the Q&A included with the bonuses.

@Andrew 

@Andrew Monaghan What you have described is definitely the process you'll need to follow.   I'm not sure that all of the travel is required.   But has @Kaylee Pratt mentioned - the author has also published a really great book about long distance investing.    You couple these two books together and you have a very practical guide how to build that team and develop the relationships necessary to be successful.

I am currently investing out of state although I don't know if I would call it long distance ( around 5 hours distance ).    I drive down there maybe once a month to check in on progress in person.   However - I have built my team and I communicate with them via phone and e-mail multiple times daily.

I'd be happy to have a chat with you and answer any questions you have.    The hardest part of real estate investing is taking that first step!

Good luck!

Paul

@Sean Fisher - He DOES write as well as he speaks.  Crystal clear with no fluff.  Really helps you stay focused.  I blew through the book in 2 days.

@Paul Beets - A team is key to success.  Congrats on your progress and as you said, taking that first step is building the relationships is KEY.

Pre-ordered a couple weeks back, cant wait to get my copy in the mail!

How do I find a rehab contractor that wants to give me the time of day? I'm brand new. Investing from overseas. I cannot seem to get anyone to be interested in my one single little job... Thanks!

Thats what me and my partner were trying to figure out wednesday....great minds think a like...

Originally posted by @Pete Sanchez :

After doing brrrr has anyone created a seller financed note instead of renting it out. Avoids dealing with tenants. 

@Luke Hadden

Economy is good right now. Contractors are busy. It’s hard to get them to show up for anything and get a decent price. I wouldn’t expect to negotiate on a lot of things if it’s your first time using that contractor. Also, try and get in touch with a bunch. And hope one works out. Good luck.

Originally posted by @Andrew Frishman :

One comment I want to make regarding this BRRRR podcast:

The assumption being:

The average single family "newbie" investor / Average Joe" is not going to want to BUY/cash! ...a fixer upper" for more then $150- 200K..without loosing sleep at night....maybe...(a hard money loan would only add to the stress on a Newbie).

Therefore....I/ most investors would have to shop in Housing markets with homes under 200k...

In my case...living in the northeast....I am restricted to the southeast (NC, FLA, Tenn, Georgia)/ maybe...Midwest.)

I would have to long Distance Invest....

Then I would have to get a team/"Core 4" in the market. I would have to travel.. ..to be boots on the ground to network with contractors //bankers...etc..

If I overcome the above hurdles ….. I would have to place all of my  faith in my contractor.

I need to get in the right mindset to take this leap of faith!! and put on a set of Brass balls...lol

Any Feedback appreciated...

I live in the northeast as well. As its been said many times on the podcast before, while you can invest long distance, there's definitely buy and hold markets that work within a 2 hour driving radius almost anywhere in the country. You can still get a core 4 an hour or two driving away and check on the rehab yourself once a week if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Have you BRRR'd within a 2 hour radius of your home? Can you share the numbers?

Just looking for inspiration...

@Mindy Jensen For knuckle draggers like me, will this be coming out on Audible and if so, is there a targeted release date at this time? Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to it...Thursday’s podcast was excellent.

Im inspired by stories of Brrring ….outside of David Green and Brandon Turner...have any BPr's BRRRd a property?

Please share...

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to refinance if you don't have a conventional job?  This has been a consistent hurdle and any insights would be appreciated-

Took notes on the podcast, now i'll have to get the book! Thanks for sharing this knowledge.

and @Mindy Jensen thanks for your Bigger Pockets Money Podcast as well! 

Originally posted by @Andrew Frishman :

Im inspired by stories of Brrring ….outside of David Green and Brandon Turner...have any BPr's BRRRd a property?

Please share...

Sure. It's done all the time. The last one I did was in Old Brooklyn, a neighborhood of Cleveland. Got it for 35k. Spent 25k on the rehab. It appraised for 100k. Refinanced and got all my money back out and have $584 monthly cash flow. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here