BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
A thorough [and] understandable overview of a methodology that could supercharge investors’ incomes. —Foreword Clarion Reviews
Greene is an authoritative guide, laying out his plan in well-organized, easy-to-read prose filled with specifics that readers will appreciate. —BlueInk Review
From A-Z (or B-R), David Greene covers just what you'll need to know to execute like a master and build wealth like the pros. —David Osborn,New York Times bestselling author
Real estate is a powerful vehicle, but you need to learn to master it. Need a solid plan for getting started, even if you have limited capital of your own? What about learning unique methods to increase a property's value, or how to recover 100% (or more) of your money in a deal?
The BRRRR method has been a long-hidden secret of the ultra-rich and those with decades of experience, but this book will tear down the barriers, reveal the truth, and make financial freedom more attainable than you've ever imagined! Learn it all from bestselling author and BiggerPockets Podcast co-host @David Greene in his newest book, Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat. This book reveals how to invest in real estate and never run out of money.
…Sounds too good to be true, right? Don't take our word for it. Read the book instead!
Ridgefield, CT · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 60 votes
7y
One comment I want to make regarding this BRRRR podcast:
The assumption being:
The average single family "newbie" investor / Average Joe" is not going to want to BUY/cash! ...a fixer upper" for more then $150- 200K..without loosing sleep at night....maybe...(a hard money loan would only add to the stress on a Newbie).
Therefore....I/ most investors would have to shop in Housing markets with homes under 200k...
In my case...living in the northeast....I am restricted to the southeast (NC, FLA, Tenn, Georgia)/ maybe...Midwest.)
I would have to long Distance Invest....
Then I would have to get a team/"Core 4" in the market. I would have to travel.. ..to be boots on the ground to network with contractors //bankers...etc..
If I overcome the above hurdles ….. I would have to place all of my faith in my contractor.
I need to get in the right mindset to take this leap of faith!! and put on a set of Brass balls...lol
Grants Pass, OR · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 7 votes
7y
If he writes as well as he explained things in the podcast this should be a good book. He made me see how to focus on forming a system and inspired me to try to take on more.
Rental Property Investor · Norman, OK · Member since 2018 · 156 posts · 529 votes
7y
@Andrew Frishman One of the bonus items included with a BRRRR paperback or Ultimate package is a short e-book by David Greene called Long-Distance BRRRR. Sounds right up your alley! You could also check out his other book, Long-Distance Real Estate Investing. Packed full of knowledge!
Rental Property Investor · Norman, OK · Member since 2018 · 156 posts · 529 votes
7y
@Andrew Monaghan The bonus items are available as long as the book is available! You only get all the bonus items with a paperback or Ultimate package purchase, though. Also, note that the live Q&A webinar with David Greene is on May 23rd, so you can only participate in the live session if you sign up before then. Otherwise, there will be a playback recording of the Q&A included with the bonuses.
Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 86 posts · 84 votes
7y
@Andrew
@Andrew Monaghan What you have described is definitely the process you'll need to follow. I'm not sure that all of the travel is required. But has @Kaylee Walterbach mentioned - the author has also published a really great book about long distance investing. You couple these two books together and you have a very practical guide how to build that team and develop the relationships necessary to be successful.
I am currently investing out of state although I don't know if I would call it long distance ( around 5 hours distance ). I drive down there maybe once a month to check in on progress in person. However - I have built my team and I communicate with them via phone and e-mail multiple times daily.
I'd be happy to have a chat with you and answer any questions you have. The hardest part of real estate investing is taking that first step!
Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 33 votes
7y
How do I find a rehab contractor that wants to give me the time of day? I'm brand new. Investing from overseas. I cannot seem to get anyone to be interested in my one single little job... Thanks!
Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 439 posts · 578 votes
7y
@Luke Hadden
Economy is good right now. Contractors are busy. It’s hard to get them to show up for anything and get a decent price. I wouldn’t expect to negotiate on a lot of things if it’s your first time using that contractor. Also, try and get in touch with a bunch. And hope one works out. Good luck.
One comment I want to make regarding this BRRRR podcast:
The assumption being:
The average single family "newbie" investor / Average Joe" is not going to want to BUY/cash! ...a fixer upper" for more then $150- 200K..without loosing sleep at night....maybe...(a hard money loan would only add to the stress on a Newbie).
Therefore....I/ most investors would have to shop in Housing markets with homes under 200k...
In my case...living in the northeast....I am restricted to the southeast (NC, FLA, Tenn, Georgia)/ maybe...Midwest.)
I would have to long Distance Invest....
Then I would have to get a team/"Core 4" in the market. I would have to travel.. ..to be boots on the ground to network with contractors //bankers...etc..
If I overcome the above hurdles ….. I would have to place all of my faith in my contractor.
I need to get in the right mindset to take this leap of faith!! and put on a set of Brass balls...lol
Any Feedback appreciated...
I live in the northeast as well. As its been said many times on the podcast before, while you can invest long distance, there's definitely buy and hold markets that work within a 2 hour driving radius almost anywhere in the country. You can still get a core 4 an hour or two driving away and check on the rehab yourself once a week if it makes you feel more comfortable.
Specialist · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 166 posts · 154 votes
7y
@Mindy Jensen For knuckle draggers like me, will this be coming out on Audible and if so, is there a targeted release date at this time? Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to it...Thursday’s podcast was excellent.
Anyone have any suggestions as to how to refinance if you don't have a conventional job? This has been a consistent hurdle and any insights would be appreciated-
Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 253 votes
7y
Originally posted by @Andrew Frishman:
Im inspired by stories of Brrring ….outside of David Green and Brandon Turner...have any BPr's BRRRd a property?
Please share...
Sure. It's done all the time. The last one I did was in Old Brooklyn, a neighborhood of Cleveland. Got it for 35k. Spent 25k on the rehab. It appraised for 100k. Refinanced and got all my money back out and have $584 monthly cash flow.
Im inspired by stories of Brrring ….outside of David Green and Brandon Turner...have any BPr's BRRRd a property?
Please share...
Sure. It's done all the time. The last one I did was in Old Brooklyn, a neighborhood of Cleveland. Got it for 35k. Spent 25k on the rehab. It appraised for 100k. Refinanced and got all my money back out and have $584 monthly cash flow.
Awesome, did you find it through marketing? wholsesale? MLS?