Announcing The BiggerPockets Conference 2019 in Nashville!!!

252 Replies

@Joe Splitrock

I'll be there and I'm bringing all the hype you can handle.

Kind of dissapointed to hear many regulars won't be able to attend. ive been annoying and arguing with people on this site for ~5 years and I wanted the opportunity to show them face to face that it's not just a facade for the internet, I'm combative and annoying in real life too.

But very happy to know you'll be attending. 😉😉😉

Exciting times yo!

Originally posted by @Alexander Felice :

@Joe Splitrock

Kind of dissapointed to hear many regulars won't be able to attend. ive been annoying and arguing with people on this site for ~5 years and I wanted the opportunity to show them face to face that it's not just a facade for the internet, I'm combative and annoying in real life too.

Exciting times yo!

I am sure we will find something to disagree on, given how often you are wrong haha. Glad you will be there, look forward to meeting you!

Originally posted by @Alexander Felice :

@Joe Splitrock

Exciting times yo!

🤣 I'm sure we'll all get the reports of your hijinks!

I didn't even know about this conference until today, the last day before tickets go up and registration narrows. I've been new to the whole BP world for just a couple months. And it's even more crazy because I am literally moving to Nashville in a couple of weeks, hoping to invest in the area. The entry level tickets were sold out, and I was rather shocked by the sticker price for the "Standard" level ($999) for a 3 day conference. I have been to a few, though I am not an expert on conferences.  Thanks for any guidance.

I will be attending too. Anybody who is interested in meeting up, please let me know. It can sometimes be a little bit intimidating to attend conferences without knowing anybody. :-)

Hey BP family,

I've spent most of my life in civil service and the music industry. Had a cup of coffee in the corporate world right out of school but never looked back. That is, until I started my REI business. As it's growing I'm understanding how much of a business it really is, and the types of things I need to do to execute it properly.

BP19 will be my first conference I'm ever attending, and anyone on here knows why I would be doing so... My question is, how do I make the most out of being there? What should I bring? Are we wearing suits? Can I stash my family in downtown Nashville? Is there even any time to spend with them? And ultimately, how do I approach this opportunity to generate the highest return in both experience and education?

If any conference Veterans have tips I'd be happy to hear them... Looking forward to any advice and to meeting you all there!

@Brian Orr - Conference Veteran tips:

1. Have an elevator pitch. Are you buying? Selling? Looking for funding? Looking to do the funding? Know what you want to get out of the conference, and be able to concisely share that with other attendees. 

2. Be prepared to talk. Not too much, not too little, but you're there to network just as much as to learn from our speakers. Shy? A GREAT ice breaker is "What type of investing do you do?"

3. Be prepared to take notes. Bring a computer, use your phone, or even just a pen and paper. 

@Mindy Jensen

I’m in and I am bringing my son and possibly my youngest son if he can get it off work and school. I want my sons to hear that starting just takes action and a plan. Failure is imminent but with failure comes success. There is no straight line to success and week after week Bigger Pockets highlights this. As well as how people have overcome their no’s and turned them into Yes’s. Very excited to invest in my sons future.

So I was recently in search of a HML to fund a fix n flip that I came across. Most HML said I needed to brinf X amount of dollars to the table...or I not so great stipulations to fund 80-100% of the deal rehab cost included. Since then I was able to full some capital together to buy the property cash. I now need the rehab cost to be funded but NOW most HML are saying there is a minimum to borrow. Being that its only 30k needed most lenders aren't looking to fund this. Is there any groups or places I may have overlooked that can shed light on some options I can compare?

Like Christopher Davis, I too was shocked at the sticker price for this event. I only learned of this event day before yesterday. After the early registration price. The night before shoulder surgery  ☹️. But I would LOVE to attend this conference.

I stepped into the role of landlord for the first time in 1991. Since then I have purchased 3 other rental properties and my primary residence. I successfully remodeled & flipped a home as well. Until I discovered the book Managing Rental Properties by Brandon and Heather Turner I had never heard of Bigger Pockets! Matter of fact this is the ONLY book I have ever read on real estate investing and managing rental properties. 

I have always been interested in REI! Due to health issues and the demands of my current job in healthcare I am ready to take this gig to the NEXT level! Not sure I can make this event but I am sure it will be amazing! Just like the book!

This post has been removed.

This post has been removed.

Just registered! Very excited to attend my first BP conference! If anyone interested in larger (100+ units) multifamily projects would like to network send me a message!

Looking forward to putting faces with names IRL!

Just got my flight! Looking to share a kick *** airbnb if anyone is interested in some off site networking. PM me. @Dave Van Horn it'll be great to see you! @Bastian Kneuse you can hang with me. You'll get the hang of the conference in hours. Everyone is cool. 

If anyone is holding back from going because going alone is intimidating I'm going to be forming a group of those who want to network before the event so they have a few recognizable faces the day of the conference. PM me if you are interested.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here