Pro membership upgrade?

3 Replies

Is Bigger Pockets pro membership pretty common among members in here? What’s the best feature? I find myself wanting to upgrade for the pro calculators. Tell me why I should make the upgrade as a newbie! Thanks in advance

I had a pro membership for a few years and I kind of lost touch with BP for a while. I was just now looking into renewing the membership just for the purpose of using the calculators and I got sticker shock. I used to pay about $250 a year and now its over $400. Not worth it to me. I liked the deal analysis tools but I can get by with spreadsheets for what I need. 

From what I can see the PRO membership seems to be a lot of Newbies who either like the calculators or the idea of being a PRO and some people who use BP as a part of their business such as realtors or lenders who want to have BP users become clients.  

I am not a PRO, can not see that I need a title and not sure its value added for me, and definitely not a business write off for me.

Originally posted by @Derek Armstrong :

Is Bigger Pockets pro membership pretty common among members in here? What’s the best feature? I find myself wanting to upgrade for the pro calculators. Tell me why I should make the upgrade as a newbie! Thanks in advance

You'd actually do better to download the "10bii" app for your smart phone. It emulates an HP 10B-II calculator and adds some handy features.

Knowing how to use a financial calculator can be quite helpful, especially when you're away from your desktop / laptop and need to run some calc.'s where you would need Excel or another spreadsheet program.

My $0.02 ...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you