How Can We Make the BiggerPockets Real Estate Marketplace Better?

46 Replies

I wish there were more Canadian components present! I am sure myself and other Canadian users would be happy to contribute and help expand on these features to be included

1. Separate MF and single family home listings

2. Have a way to list PORTFOLIO of properties

3. Marketplace posts should appear on Trending/what's New - i.e., they should be more visible on BP forums

4. Better search functionality - I can't even search the properties I listed so sometimes I found myself listing the same property twice just so I can update them

Is there a place to post deals we find? There are a few that I have my eye on, but I just don't have the means for it right now.  Would love to see the BP community benefit from it.  Im doing a flip right now and there is another property on the same street that really needs to be flipped.  It would help drive up the comps on my flip.  I would hate for a normal resident to purchase it and not flip it.  Is there a way to share it on the marketplace without being PRO

I love @Trey Knight 's idea... I often find myself in this scenario.

I'd like to see a feature for people to list their "wants." Perhaps an auto infographic generator or small colour coded table that people can post details of what they're looking for. This can help us team up with local wholesalers and really catalyze the buy and sell experience for people on all sides of the table.

Thank you for seeking feedback from your community!

I think a great improvement would be a place where you can post actual deals. Kind of the way you can go on the market place and view properties people are selling. That same exact setup but instead of homes for sale people can post deals. For example, if I recently found a great fixer upper but I do not have the means to actually do it I can post something that says the specs at a high level like "Partner Flip Deal" "Looking for Joint Venture" "50-50 Split" "Chatam NJ". Then someone can click on it and see the description, more pictures, details, etc. 

This is what a lot of members are looking for I think and can bring the site to a next level. 

To build off what I said, its understood you can post a forum that can list these things. But a consolidated place where an investor can just browse deals, view specs, etc. That would be amazing!

@Lauren Hogan

It would be great to see autofill for BiggerPockets calculators when typing in addresses.

It would also be a nice feature to set default values with the same variable landlord paid expenses and future assumptions (vacancy, repairs, appreciation, etc) or create calculator templates with values already set for quick analyzing.

@Lauren Hogan when are you scrolling through the trending forum topics on the mobile app, it only shows the person name. Once you open up the thread, it includes their name, Ann location + job title if they have provided that information. I think it would be helpful if that information was a shown on the home page of the forum discussions. Thy way, as you are scrolling through them you can see if the person is in your market or lives in your state. I am only familiar with the Maryland, DC, and Northern VA markets, so I'll open a forum thread and then realize the original poster is asking a question about California and of course I can be know value. It would just allow users to narrow down the threads that are more relevant to us based on location.

Hi Lauren,

i have found that action buttons have been super influential to the way facebook structures their platform.

eg: If I set up a Syndicate possibility and we have a "Join" button, that's a call to action. It provokes a reaction. 

I think that would make this better.

Hi @Lauren Hogan - one other glitch I've encountered several times is the fluidity between the web platform and the app. It would be great for the appropriate selections be available on the app for posts relating to events and marketplace, for example. I've accidentally gone against forum rules after posting content on another forum when the topic I wanted wasn't available on the mobile app. I use an Android phone, for reference. Again, thank you for reaching out!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here