Newbie looking for direction

2 Replies

looking to get my first rental property. Currently fixing my credit (will not qualify for FHA) I would like to purchase a rental within next 30-60 days. I have some cash saved but most banks will not loan to me just yet. If anyone could help just pointing me in the right direction where my low credit score won't hinder me.

Thank you 

Originally posted by @Sean Tyson :

looking to get my first rental property. Currently fixing my credit (will not qualify for FHA) I would like to purchase a rental within next 30-60 days. I have some cash saved but most banks will not loan to me just yet. If anyone could help just pointing me in the right direction where my low credit score won't hinder me.

Thank you 

@Sean Tyson, that's gonna be a tough one! Having bad credit is a huge red flag to lenders. You may get away with bringing a higher down payment. Honestly, if it was me, I would focus on fixing my credit score and gaining as much knowledge as possible. I would still look for deals and consider partnering with someone. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here