Investors: What's one quality you look for in a real estate agent?
By responding here, you're allowing us to print your name and response, if chosen, in the next issue of the magazine. We're excited to hear what you have to say!
Investor · Avon, IN · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 59 votes
5y
Not all real estate agents play that same game. I look for an agent that understands investing strategies, not retail sales/purchasing. When you find an agent that understands the game investors play the agent can become a force multiplier for your operation.
Front Royal, VA · Member since 2016 · 306 posts · 240 votes
5y
Maximum Effort. Someone who puts forth more effort than I do in trying to find me my next deal. All 3 realtors I have worked with have brought me quality off market deals over the years, all due to the effort they put forth into their careers.
@Kaylee Pratt communication! Communication is key. It helps you figure out whether this agent shares your same values, is honest, and helps you feel as if you’re a priority.
Investor · Avon, IN · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 59 votes
5y
Not all real estate agents play that same game. I look for an agent that understands investing strategies, not retail sales/purchasing. When you find an agent that understands the game investors play the agent can become a force multiplier for your operation.
Real Estate Agent · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
@Kaylee Pratt - Negotiation Skills that save me money. A rockstar agent can get a novice agent to accidentally reveal material information such as “the buyer asked for a new roof, but loves the house so much she will buy it anyway even if the seller does nothing.”
Real Estate Agent · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2014 · 486 posts · 303 votes
5y
@Kaylee Pratt I am an agent but prior to, I worked with agents and I would definitely say responsiveness and the ability to educate/teach being I was new to real estate. My realtor was like that and I still work with her for my long distance properties.
Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2020 · 471 posts · 462 votes
5y
A proposition, I understand responsiveness is at the top of many people's list, I too appreciate that quality, but so much more can be demanded of an agent, it's okay to set the bar high for agent's in all categories. We are more than quick texters and door openers!
Therefore, I would put mentorship and guidance at the top of the list. People put a lot of trust in their agents to help them make a massive decision on where they want to live or invest. Having someone that takes the time to dig into your short and long term goals and assist in helping you reach them is HUGE.
Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
5y
If responsiveness is your top criteria, any hungry new agent will do.
Experience is what I would put first, in particular investment experience. One of the resons I got licensed is because I could never find an agent who knew more than I did, what's the point? Good communication is second, probably along with being fiduciary.
Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
To have experience/knowledge that sets them apart from the rest, reliability, and no pressure on a purchase or sale. That last one is huge, know that people are going to either buy or sell a home, or an investment which is at their pace not the agent's pace.
Transparency! We call it 'uncomfortable transparency' which translates to always setting proper expectations and operating in the owner's best interest.
Understanding real estate investing in my eyes is really what can take an agent to the next level. Satisfied clients will be thrilled with you and give you referrals, but satisfied investors will do the same while continuing to buy more property!