Cash flow

6 Replies

I heard that mobile homes are great cash flow opportunities.  Anyone have experience in owning and renting mobile homes, and  any advice for a beginner? 

It depends on what your goals are.  If you post your goals, can provide a better response.  People have been successful with different models.

There was a podcast awhile back where the guy was investing exclusively in mobile homes.  I'd start by listening to that.

Originally posted by @Jack Baczek :

It depends on what your goals are.  If you post your goals, can provide a better response.  People have been successful with different models.

My idea is to have a lot with maybee 10 mobile homes to set up good cash flow.

Originally posted by @Humberto Valencia :
Originally posted by @Jack B.:

Is your plan also to own the lots?  I personally would not want to do the homes as I think lot only rentals are a much better business model but again, to each their own. Some markets are more desirable (say where you can rent a home for 700 and the lot rent portion is 300, and you have a good spread).  I would not try to do that if you are in a 450 home rent market and lot rent is 250, its too skinny. 

Originally posted by @Jack Baczek :
Originally posted by @Humberto Valencia:
Originally posted by Jack Baczek:

Is your plan also to own the lots?  I personally would not want to do the homes as I think lot only rentals are a much better business model but again, to each their own. Some markets are more desirable (say where you can rent a home for 700 and the lot rent portion is 300, and you have a good spread).  I would not try to do that if you are in a 450 home rent market and lot rent is 250, its too skinny. 

Interesting, thank you very much.

I know for instance there cheaper than traditional single family and multi family there are investors that have made millions dealing with mobile homes