Cash flow

6 Replies

I heard that mobile homes are great cash flow opportunities.  Anyone have experience in owning and renting mobile homes, and  any advice for a beginner? 

It depends on what your goals are.  If you post your goals, can provide a better response.  People have been successful with different models.

There was a podcast awhile back where the guy was investing exclusively in mobile homes.  I'd start by listening to that.

Originally posted by @Jack Baczek :

It depends on what your goals are.  If you post your goals, can provide a better response.  People have been successful with different models.

My idea is to have a lot with maybee 10 mobile homes to set up good cash flow.

Originally posted by @Humberto Valencia :
Originally posted by @Jack B.:

Is your plan also to own the lots?  I personally would not want to do the homes as I think lot only rentals are a much better business model but again, to each their own. Some markets are more desirable (say where you can rent a home for 700 and the lot rent portion is 300, and you have a good spread).  I would not try to do that if you are in a 450 home rent market and lot rent is 250, its too skinny. 

Originally posted by @Jack Baczek :
Originally posted by @Humberto Valencia:
Originally posted by Jack Baczek:

Is your plan also to own the lots?  I personally would not want to do the homes as I think lot only rentals are a much better business model but again, to each their own. Some markets are more desirable (say where you can rent a home for 700 and the lot rent portion is 300, and you have a good spread).  I would not try to do that if you are in a 450 home rent market and lot rent is 250, its too skinny. 

Interesting, thank you very much.

I know for instance there cheaper than traditional single family and multi family there are investors that have made millions dealing with mobile homes 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.