• Investor
  • Leadville, CO
Votes |
Building Relationships with Park Managers/Owners

Thea Gab
  • Investor
  • Leadville, CO
Posted Oct 14 2016, 12:00

I've been reading some great articles on Mobile Home investing on Bigger Pockets.  Since, single-family home prices are rising in my area, I'm looking at Mobile Homes as an investment strategy.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on building relationships with Mobile Home Park Managers or Owners, especially for someone just starting out.  I believe a lot of the mobile homes in my area for sale aren't usually listed online and having those relationships is key.

Would you start out by setting up a meeting with a park manager?  Telling them you're an investor and maybe give them a handout on your strategy...e.g. that you'd like to buy mobile homes that you can improve in the community and rent out, what kind of homes you're looking for, price range, etc.

Or would you start out just walking into the management office and asking some questions about the park, like the lot rents, homes that are owned v. rented, if any are for sale, etc?  And then maybe setting up a meeting for later.

Any advice on meeting owners in the park or building other relationships in this niche?

Thanks!

Loading replies...