Good programs for learning about investing in Mobile Home Parks?

9 Replies

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which educational programs were worth the money when it comes to investing in mobile home parks? I have seen a few such as; Mobile Home Park Academy, Mobile Home Univesity, etc...

Are any of these better than others? I certainly am not going to pay $10,000+ like some of the other real estate mentorship programs I have seen out there. I just want to learn as much as possible so I can hit the ground running in 2017.

Personally and from decades of experience there are some educational programs that are worthwhile. But if you really want to hit the ground running in '17 as you say then I wouldn't waste a lot of time with programs. If you have $$$ to invest I'd find out who the most successful and reputable stakeholders in your area are and see if you can invest with them as long as they would be willing to mentor you as well. Nothing like jumping in with all fours when you want to hit the ground running.

Steve Case and Corey Donaldson were the original owners, then went on to run a competitive program after Frank and Dave took it over. Mobile Home University is now owned and operated by Frank Rolfe and Dave Reynolds and they are Colorado based. Steve Case is based out of Georgia and still active in the industry.

I do recommend MHU as a great starting place for beginning investors in land lease communities even though I do not always agree with their operational styles or philosophies. The information and assistance that a newbie can get for the very small amount they charge is amazing and customers will get more information from which to make decisions in a very short time from them than they could get in years of searching the internet.

@Ken Rishel

Thanks ken.  

I recently purchased an older MHU Boot Camp Series online.  Steve Case and Corey Donaldson made the presentations.  I was told this camp was about  +/- 10 years ago.  I just didn't know when the ownership changed hands.   

Appreciate your help as always. 

Im not familiar with older MHU bootcamps but they do updates regularly so info can be dated.  George Allen books can be a good resource.  Ray Alcorn has a book , dealmaker guid to MHPS that can be beneficial. 

Listen to Bigger Pockets podcast show 111 about mobile home park investing.  There are also two really good weekly podcast available for free on iTunes or Stitcher at. Mobile Home Park Investors with Jefferson Lilly and Brad Johnson.  The other podcast is called Mobile Home Park Investing podcast produced by the Mobile Home Park academy.

Check out Kevin Bupp and Charles Dehart and their podcast, The mobile home park investing podcast.  Many in our industry are having good programs, similar, Jefferson Lilly and Brad Johnson have a podcast Mobile home park investors.  You.can gind both in Stitcher and iTunes.  

Join your local Manufacured Housing Association and get to know park owners. Drive parks, analyze numbers and CAP rates, IRR's, etc., all of which costs very little. Good luck to you and let me know if I can help you in any way.

Mark

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

Im not familiar with older MHU bootcamps but they do updates regularly so info can be dated.  George Allen books can be a good resource.  Ray Alcorn has a book , dealmaker guid to MHPS that can be beneficial. 

I agree with Jack. One should not overlook the books authored by George Allen, nor his Allen Letter and other publications. His books and a number of consultations is what led Sam Zell (ELS) into the manufactured housing industry and Sam is the wealthiest and largest community owner in the country.