• Real Estate Agent
  • Augusta, Ga
Votes |
Finding lost title to Mobile Home

Wil Kacos
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Augusta, Ga
Posted Aug 6 2018, 18:55
Hey Guys/Girls, I have gotten myself into a pretty good situation. A couple months ago my partner and I went into closing on a mobile home. As we are sitting at the closing table our attorney, who we do a ton of retail business with, tells us he doesn’t have the title to the mobile home in hand yet. Being a guy that my we both trust a lot, we ask him what he would do. He tells us that the title will most likely be sent with the canceled lien. No big deal right.... Well it has turned out to be a huge deal. The title wasn’t sent with the security deed to the land and the lien holder of the land says they never held the title. There are no open liens on the prop and the only lead that we have is BoA who, of course, say they don’t have it and never did. Lastly, we have the property sold (we’re just now learning about these issues as the original lien holder took their sweet time sending the security deed) and I can’t provide marketable title to the mobile home to my buyer. I’m not going to sell this property to sone one who can’t then sell it when they need to. Has anyone ever dealt with something like this?. I live in Georgia if that helps anyone with their advice. We

Loading replies...