Looking for financing -- 2 non-warrantable condos in MA

4 Replies

Hello! I have a property I'm trying to buy under contract. It's 2 condo units for $440k ($220k each) in Massachusetts. They are non-warrantable since the 2 units are part of a 4-unit association, where 1 of the units is commercial that takes up 35% of the total square footage of the building. While my profile to borrow is strong, I'm having trouble finding financing due to this non-warrantability.

Any tips on how I can find a loan? I've been googling for "non-warrantable condo financing massachusetts" and making phone calls. Thanks

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor
Originally posted by @Matt Suarez:

Hello! I have a property I'm trying to buy under contract. It's 2 condo units for $440k ($220k each) in Massachusetts. They are non-warrantable since the 2 units are part of a 4-unit association, where 1 of the units is commercial that takes up 35% of the total square footage of the building. While my profile to borrow is strong, I'm having trouble finding financing due to this non-warrantability.

Any tips on how I can find a loan? I've been googling for "non-warrantable condo financing massachusetts" and making phone calls. Thanks

Try "condo litigation mortgage Massachusetts." Local to me the "non-warrantable" results are confused, but the "condo litigation" results are the top dogs for non-warrantable condos. Ongoing litigation is the most common reason a condo is non-warrantable, the folks that are good at one are typically good at them both.