As a buyer to purchase a home and then sell it what are the following:
1. Costs associated to purchase the property?
2. Costs to sell the property after I've done my renovations?
Much appreciated from a rookie investor!
Impossible to answer that as costs can vary dramatically depending on price points, area, and items you do or don't select to have.
In CA, I typically experience approx 1.25% of sales price for closing costs on exit (not counting agent commissions which are 5%).
On purchase, it will also depend on what you negotiate the seller today for, if you intend to flip, you should always choose to purchase a title binder to save title costs on exit.
@Will Barnard thanks for advice!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing