• North Richland Hills, TX
Votes |
Investing & Purpose

Gorden McLaughlin
  • Real Estate Investor
  • North Richland Hills, TX
Posted Dec 10 2013, 11:43

Good afternoon,

I am reaching out to the community in hopes to connect with some great people. I originally got into this business because I wanted to earn a living - independent of the corporate environment - too small and restrictive. Essentially, I wanted my freedom back. Though I am accustomed to leading leaders and 100's of associates, I have a need to make a much larger and broader impact in the community and lives of others. Being a servant leader is the key I think to real lasting success. To submit in service as well as to be mentored in the right season is a gift. I am an avid outdoors-man so house hunting, fishing for clients and riding the slippery slopes of human relations just seems like an extension of my passions [ hunter, fisherman, skier, gatherer]. All of that coupled with my beliefs and values which require that I must trust in, and play fairly with others, makes this business a perfect fit for me.

My business goals are to wholesale 24 houses per year, flip 4, and own 12 as rentals. To employ 4 loyal hard working associate who can help me carry out the mission of the company. Buy properties that I can give away at random to the needy and less fortunate, give away 25% of my gross earnings to charity (I am half way there), and to use my company to benefit the community. I want to be more than I am as I'm sure many of, if not all of you do, but realize that I cannot do it by myself. In fact, what glory or legacy is there to obtain or leave behind in this life by denying others the ability to share in such a grand dream?

Admittedly, I am not much of a blogger, and not an overly eloquent speaker, but am learning the importance of connecting with those outside of my circle of influence. Many of you are well grounded, honest and hardworking business men and women who I would value an opportunity to get to know.

I live in NRH near Southlake Texas, and am a frequenter of the Town Square Starbucks. Like many of you, I drive all over the state looking at properties, so I am flexible in my travels to meet with you when I am in your town. If I am speaking your language, please connect with me and let me hear from you. I am eager to engage in dialog that benefits our mutual life goals.