Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Arthur Chou
Votes |
Advice for uncooperative seller

Arthur Chou
Posted Jun 3 2023, 07:47

Hey all, wondering if any of you guys have any advice on how to deal with an uncooperative seller.  Just had an offer accepted on my very first investment property and I'm already dealing with some issues I had not foreseen.  I've been trying to get in contact with the listing agent/seller to have a few contractors walkthrough the property for renovations but they're being uncooperative.  It's been really difficult to get a response from the listing agent/seller on they keep pushing back dates because they do not want to disturb the current tenant.  We've already completed the home inspection and they were already being difficult with us during the home inspection.  I guess I'm wondering, technically speaking, are the owners allowed to prevent us from walking through the property until closing?  Ideally, I wanted everything coordinated to start reno immediately after closing but right now they're making things difficult for me.  Also I really wanted an accurate estimate on renovations as early as possible by having the contractors walk through the property.  Any advice for a first time investor? 

Loading replies...