Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Didi Balaban
Votes |
Seeking Advice On Hoa Assessment Not Disclosed

Didi Balaban
Posted Mar 19 2024, 02:18

I am writing to seek professional advice and guidance regarding a matter concerning my recent apartment purchase.

In August 2023, I completed the purchase of an apartment, which has since become entangled in a series of complex issues. Shortly after the contractual deadline passed, I was contacted by a neighbor, who also holds the position of HOA head. She brought to my attention ongoing noise disturbances stemming from an improper flooring renovation conducted by the previous owner. Despite having obtained a permit from the HOA, it has been revealed that the proper procedure required obtaining a permit from the Florida State prior to seeking HOA approval. Additionally, It is noteworthy that the seller was a member of the HOA board at the time of obtaining this permit, raising questions about the legitimacy of the process.

Though I am not currently residing in the apartment, I took the initiative to rectify the flooring issue in cooperation with the HOA, given the significant disturbance experienced by the current residents due to the subpar quality of the previous labor.

Furthermore, short after I bought the unit, I discovered an assessment imposed on the condominium, which I was not informed about prior to purchasing the unit. Upon investigation, it has become evident with email and messages, that the previous owner was aware of this assessment but failed to disclose this information during the transaction. This has resulted in an unexpected financial burden of $7500.

In light of these circumstances, I am seeking advice from you all on the legal options available to me. Specifically, I would like to understand if I have grounds to claim reimbursement for the assessment fees from the previous owner, given the lack of transparency and accountability throughout the transaction process.

I would greatly appreciate any insight or guidance you can provide on the appropriate course of action moving forward to address these issues and ensure a fair resolution.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I eagerly await prompt response from all of you who can.

Loading replies...