Kitchen Estimate Help

6 Replies

Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase this property as my primary resident and the kitchen is fugly. I need your help!

Could you please estimate what you think it would cost to convert this kitchen to this kitchen without appliances.

Note: I really don't like the refrigerator in the corner, so I will be removing the pantry door and place the refrigerator it's in place. I will also be extending the kitchen cabinet to the end of the wall.

BEFORE

AFTER

I know it depends on a lot of variables, but I'm just looking for an estimate.

Thanks!!

As you stated there are many variables to consider mainly the materials. You could spend 20k without appliances easily but you could spend double or half depends on how high end you go.

DIY? RE investor contractors? Retail homeowner contractors? What grade of cabinets and granite? Retail with top grade cabinets and granite: $50K. DIY with more basic stuff $15K.

Go here and put in what you are doing and it will spit out the average cost, specific to your location. Excellent tool I use all the time.

http://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/

Thanks for the fast responses guy!

@Sam T. @Jon Holdman @josh

Did you think it would be alot of work & money to:

1) Redirect & plumb the gas line for double ovens?

2) Move the island sink about a foot back away from the stove? Would you need to cut into the concrete stab for the water supply line & drain?

@Ace A. The average kitchen remodel in america is around $30k.

With this I would say:

$10-30k Cabinets

$1.5k Cabinet Install

$3000 Granite (Starts at around $35/sqft)

Appliances: $5-20k

Framing/Drywall: $1000

Replumb Gas: $750

Replumb Sink Drain: $1000

Floor Repair: $250

Backsplash:$500 +Materials

Relocating plumbing will cost time and money. How much is hard to say without actually seeing the job. Most of the cost is labor. Drain lines are MUCH more troublesome than either water supply or gas. Getting the slope and getting the venting correct can be really tricky. And you're dealing with big pipes. Water and gas, OTOH, are much smaller and can be routed around obstacles. Always do drains first, then other stuff.

Cutting into the slab is not nearly as big a deal as you might expect. A diamond saw, sledge hammer and, viola, you have a hole.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here