MLS 2.0

9 Replies

This question may be a bit down in the weeds but has anyone experience with a usable, next generation MLS or Loopnet/CoStar successor? I liken the post, search, and viewing capabilities of the current state of the art to something out of the 1960's. I would like to prototype an improved service that's community-driven and easy to use across the various user constituencies. I'm looking for feedback and inspiration. What better audience to provide this than the BiggerPockets community?

@Stephen Bjorgan I am a broker in the Dallas area and I would say our MLS is ancient and anything but user friendly. It doesn't even work on my MAC. I have to use a virtual windows app to run it. And forget using it on my ipad or iphone. Even the data display on my website is bad.

Please develop something that is user friendly and more up to date....you might get rich :)

@Account Closed Are you using ntreis listings?? If you have a MAC there's a specific mls for it and it's called ntreis fusion. I find it works a WHOLE LOT better then the ntreis listings

I was talking to a Realtor who is on the Metrotex board last week and he said that the mls was getting an update/overhaul in a couple of months. I would assume it would fix the Mac and app issues.

However, I do not know if this is just the Dallas mls or if the backbone is the same across the US.

@Jimmy Watson I think it's just the Dallas MLS. I have used the Austin MLS and it was much updated than ours here. I am looking forward to the upgrade. I hope it does work better on my Mac.

In Austin we use Actris (we have fusion too) for MLS. I really love actris and think it's a fantastic program. It does the job well and has a lot of bells and whistles and you're able to use a lot of shortcuts/etc. to do things very quickly if you want.

@Account Closed It would make sense that it's a separate systems. My wife has been a Realtor for only a few months now, I was disappointed to see how user friendly it is. Don't get me wrong, you can get the info you need, you just have to do some extra work. ....looking forward to the release as well.

@Account Closed My wife was talking to Metrotex on setting up hotsheets. She was told it will be the same as Austin's framework!

In April, they will start training on the new system.

That's great @Jimmy Watson I really like Austin's system. As @Account Closed said it has more bells and whistles. Hopefully our new system will be even better. I would love to see an improvement in the Prospect Gateway. I use it all the time to set up "websites" for prospective buyers to get daily feeds of properties that meet their criteria. It's just not very pretty or customizable.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.