What is it worth?

6 Replies

I have a 5br/4ba 2700sqft house. It has had a steady renter for the past 4 years (never been vacant). It rents for $1600/mo and comps somewhere in the ~$275k range. Would something like this be appealing to investors, and if so, what is it worth?

I am not sure how anyone could really answer that based on the information given. Personally I could never make that work in my area unless I could buy it for $150,000. But I have no idea where this is, what could be done with it, etc.

Actually, thank you for the answer. It was just something I was considering. I didnt know if people invest based on the cashflow or what.

It's probably not going to interest investors at $275K. Almost all investors demand more income for their dollar. You are probably better off listing it to sell it retail to an owner occupant.

@Mike Mullally

Those numbers are not going to interest "turn key" investors. You might want to check the rental price. Most areas have greatly increased in rental price the last 4 years.

Thank you for the replies. I am right at about the sweet spot with my rent in that area. It rented in one day and has been rented to the same family for the past 3 years. I imagine they are there to stay and I am not unhappy with the situation. It was just a way creating more capital to roll into new things.

I will leave it alone, and use different money for my new ventures. I am excited to start building up a nice portfolio.

You might get $200k from an Investor based on the existing rental income. The value is too high for a rental, so your best way to sell it for highest price is move out the tenant, clean it up to at least a presentable standard and offer it to the open market at comp rate. Talk to a Realtor, I can recomend a few if you need one.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.