Elisha Keller
  • Upper Darby, PA
Votes |
HELP: The underwriting process and getting approved

Elisha Keller
  • Upper Darby, PA
Posted Mar 26 2014, 09:40

Hi BP,

As some of you know, I've been working on purchasing a home since August. I've been attempting to use the group NACA; however, it is becoming increasingly frustrating because they keep push back my approval date.

As a result, I'm reaching out to the BP community for help on where to get a mortgage from and how to do it the "traditional way".

Background info you may need to be helpful:

I've been repairing my credit score for 6 months. I went from a 549 with $3000 past due (being 19 and carefree) to a 650 (score obtained from credit tracking on quizzle.com) with no money past due. My boyfriend has a credit score of 727 and has never had an issue with delinquent accounts/past dues. We have about $5600 saved and are planning to have $6500-$7000 in the next month or two. We were considering using an FHA loan (since you only need 5% down) for a home between $100k-$140k in the following zip codes 19032, 19036, 19018 (Delaware County, suburbs of Philadelphia).

Any help anyone could provide about how to get financing, good groups to use, or just advice in general would be greatly appreciated. It's becoming a very stressful process and I knew that BP was the place to come to get answers, feedback and encouragement!

Thanks in advance,

E

Loading replies...