Votes
Patrick Reagan
  • Union, NJ
Votes |
Making enough offers

Patrick Reagan
  • Union, NJ
Posted Apr 9 2014, 07:13

One problem I am having is not making enough offers on properties to rehab.I haven't clicked just yet with a broker, so getting around to see properties and being able to make lots of offers on them has hindered my growth.

I have considered getting my license but the timing isn't right.

Here's a partial solution and would like to get some feedback.I would like to start targeting houses I come across on the MLS that fit my criteria.Once I find the houses,send a letter directly to the owners with a cash offer low enough in my mind that should cover most if not all repairs,along with the expected holding costs and final numbers as they pertain to a good deal.The letter would emphasize a fast closing with the inspection as the only contingency.Obviously,I would do as much due diligence before hand on home styles I am most comfortable and familiar with.If the seller is interested in my low offer,he would have the real estate agent call me and set up a showing.Once I see the house with a contractor,at that point I can state we'll go into contract or pass.

I have tried to make offers before where the agent refused to make it for me.This way,I know the owner will see it.I will make many offers in this fashion and wont have to keep going through the frustrating process of waiting on an agent.

Thoughts to this approach?

Loading replies...