Votes
Lenin Belangonda
  • Corona, CA
Votes |
Termite clearance provided but section 1 issues found

Lenin Belangonda
  • Corona, CA
Posted Apr 11 2014, 12:30

Hi, I have earlier posted a question in BP reg unpermittted room addition. Now there is another issue in the same house, termites. Seller provided termite clearance but i watned to get second opionion so did inspection with a different company. They found termites, this is before removing contingency. First i wanted to walk out but then doing my research it seemed its very hard to find a house without any termite issue in california. Since the issue was only oust side of the house (balcony) i was told its treatable and safe to buy. Since its section1 we asked seller to fix it. My agent said i can remove contingency because as per law they have to fix section1 issue before closing.

So then just days before closing seller provided termite clearance. I again hired another termite inspection company, they came out and found the issue again. Seller agent said they have termite clearance and they are not going to do anything. But then my inspector showed the obvious evidence which convinced the listing agent it has to be fixed. So they are talking to the company that provided the clearance to fix (they have 1 year warranty).

My question is should i wait for the work to complete or as my agent is advicing proceed with closing.

Loading replies...