How To Find Code Violation Properties?

5 Replies

HI all,

I've search the forums and google for an answer to my query but cannot seem to find an answer.

As the title indicates, how does one find properties with code violations? Specifically I'm working in the Metro Atlanta area.

Thank you for your time.

@Brian Kirk In Northern CA (Sacramento county) there's a legal newspaper (The Daily Journal) which publishes "Notice to Repair or Demolish Substandard/Dangerous Buildings" or abatement properties. Ask your clerk if the county publishes "problem properties". Google "adjudicated newspaper" for your area or check your local law library for a/any publication(s). I'm assuming Atlanta is a big area so the county should have something legally published..

Mark

N-CA (Sac-Placer area)

1‑415‑786‑6700 | CA Agent # 01858403

@Mark Pedroza is right. I concur with his analysis of your situation.

Thank you both for your info. It is much appreciated.

Your building regulations department issues violations/citations, they will have a list, they may be online under the gov web site. The list can be obtained at their office.

Need to spend an afternoon or day at you local courthouse and learn the systems used in your area that effect RE. See the Recorder's Office, Assessor's Office, Building Regulations, Planning & Zoning, Collector's Office and your Finance Department as to business licenses required and financed improvements such as sewer bills or road improvements. Some of these may be at municipal offices, so understand the jurisdiction you work in. Most too are on the internet so become familiar with searchable data. :)

Medium logoscopiccroppedblue2Bill Gulley, General Real Estate Academy | https://generalrealestateacademy.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you