Detroit House Auction

4 Replies

Just curious if anyone from Michigan has signed up for the vacant property auction.

I assume you're referring to the City of Detroit auction? If not, please let me know - that's what I'm referring to here.

I live on the West side of Michigan now, so I haven't looked into it much. However, if you're going to dive in, I highly recommend hooking up with a local person for some 'on the ground' research.

From my perspective (and I know it is a hot topic around here), you CAN make money working in the city of Detroit. However, you better have a lot of knowledge and a good plan. I know we have some good people to get in touch with on here, who can point you towards others as well. Good luck!

@Brandon Krieg

Yes, I am referring to the Detroit House Auction. I personally do not plan on purchasing through the auction, main reason I am no longer a resident.

Just curious if anyone is planning on doing so.

Brandon, I also see you were in K-zoo/GR area before moving to the west side, I grew up in Battle Creek, practically neighbors!

Definitely! I was in Battle Creek on Thursday of last week... just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

I'm in GR, but did sign up for the auction. Participated in the Wayne Co tax auction last year also. I like what I'm seeing out of detroit lately.. Although the logistics of being based in GR would make rehabbing a pain to do or even manage.

What's Battle Creek investment market like right now? I see lots of great homes with tons of character for cheap! Is it a gang ridden war zone, lots of unemployment? Or just poor depressed market? Not enough population ?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.