Software to manage your shortlist of properties to buy

4 Replies

Which tools/software are you using to manage your shortlist of real estate properties you want/consider to buy?

What are the cons and pros of those tools? What you like and what you don't?

Please share your opinion.

Thanks

Google Charts. Lay it out your process however your like, delete (or hide) rows of properties that don't work out; move/copy completed purchases to another sheet where you can start managing them -- OR import the data to your favorite web-based PM app :)

Alternative: use a CRM-like SaaS app such as Pipedrive and customize your acquisition steps/process. You still retain the ability to export the data to your next phase of ownership, and have a nice graphical tool to show you where you are in the process.

If you don't have a (post-purchase) management solution in place, I'd be happy to talk with you about that some other time.

Thank you, Jeff.

So, that's mean that there is no any out-of-the-box solutions for this routines, right?

Hi @Alex Maroz are you looking from a process perspective, like tracking activity, managing docs (PAs, disclosures), to-do notes, reminders, etc?

Or from a property (address, photo, notes, details), numbers and evaluation perspective?

Maybe you're planning to develop something? There are solutions/apps/tools out there for investors, but I'm not sure what you mean by solution. Can you clarify?

Originally posted by @Alex Maroz :

So, that's mean that there is no any out-of-the-box solutions for this routines, right?

I'm sure there are out-of-the-box solutions, though I personally haven't employed these (I don't purchase properties at scale).

Susan has a good question though: are you thinking about process or metrics? Or?..

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.