Buyer is requesting to see my home inspection report

6 Replies

As a seller, would you share your inspection report (from when I was a buyer) to your potential buyer? Pros and Cons?

I'm not sure there are any advantages to doing so. If you've repaired items, the report is no longer valid. Some of the items may not be noticed by a new inspection report, which the buyer should be obtaining, not you. I'd politely decline, claiming it's no longer useful. Repeat as necessary.

Buyer should get an inspection done after the offer is accepted. Actually, it is a disadvantage if the buyer goes by the seller inspection report. It makes sense for the buyer to glance at the recent appraisal report if the seller has one but NOT the inspection report.

I wouldn't! There is such a thing as too much information ! They need to get their own. You also don't want to give the inspector a "search" list!

I always ask for it. It doesn't prevent me from having to do an inspection of my own.

If someone refused to show me their inspection report, when doing so would cost them nothing, it would probably make me suspicious. And I would therefore look more closely, and have my inspector do the same.

Just food for thought.

Thank you everyone for your quick replies to my first post! I always build a list of what must be repaired based on my home inspection report. First time I had a buyer request my home inspection, as most just get their own. Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this. Thanks again!

Is it normal for the buyer to pay for the inspection and the report delivered to both the buyer and seller?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you