Buyer is requesting to see my home inspection report

Buyer is requesting to see my home inspection report

Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 2 votes

As a seller, would you share your inspection report (from when I was a buyer) to your potential buyer? Pros and Cons?

0Reply
34 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Golden, CO · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 65 votes
    12y

    I'm not sure there are any advantages to doing so. If you've repaired items, the report is no longer valid. Some of the items may not be noticed by a new inspection report, which the buyer should be obtaining, not you. I'd politely decline, claiming it's no longer useful. Repeat as necessary.

  • Property Manager · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2011 · 185 posts · 16 votes
    12y

    Buyer should get an inspection done after the offer is accepted. Actually, it is a disadvantage if the buyer goes by the seller inspection report. It makes sense for the buyer to glance at the recent appraisal report if the seller has one but NOT the inspection report.

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I wouldn't! There is such a thing as too much information ! They need to get their own. You also don't want to give the inspector a "search" list!

  • Bedford, NH · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I always ask for it. It doesn't prevent me from having to do an inspection of my own.

    If someone refused to show me their inspection report, when doing so would cost them nothing, it would probably make me suspicious. And I would therefore look more closely, and have my inspector do the same.

    Just food for thought.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thank you everyone for your quick replies to my first post! I always build a list of what must be repaired based on my home inspection report. First time I had a buyer request my home inspection, as most just get their own. Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this. Thanks again!

  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2012 · 61 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Is it normal for the buyer to pay for the inspection and the report delivered to both the buyer and seller?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.