Stage to Sell

4 Replies

Dear Investors and Realtors (of vacant properties),

Would you hire out to a professional stager/staging company that offered top notch staging as a marketing service, with flexible time frames (daily, weekly, monthly options), including virtual tours, a small up front deposit and a reasonable final payment at time COE? If so, what would consider to be a fair fee? What would a standard time frame for staging be?

Thank you!

With the current market in my area, no. If I had a problem property, possibly.

We stage all of our properties, but we find that it's much more cost efficient to own the furniture and do it ourselves.

In terms of a fair price, if we're talking about a 1500-180 sf, 3 bed/2 bath house, I figure a typical stager will incur costs of about:

- $250 Move-In

- $250 Move-Out

- 2 Days of Work to Stage and Destage

- $5000 Worth of Furniture Used at Least 10 Times (so $500 in Furniture Costs)

If the stager is getting paid $500/day (that includes a helper), you're probably looking at about $2000 being a fair price. Then perhaps a monthly fee after 3 months to cover depreciation on the furniture.

Thanks! Now, I need one more response to have a good idea. Alexandra

I've actually used J Scott's staging before. They do a great job.

But besides from that I've used other companies and I typically pay $1800-2000. This is usually for a 3/2 around 1500 sqft. I've staged bigger homes and have paid $2500+

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.