Kyle Alberry
  • Watertown, NY
Votes |
Should I Invest?

Kyle Alberry
  • Watertown, NY
Posted May 30 2014, 20:53

Hello community!

I am 18 years old about to enter my sophomore year of college. I have been interested in real estate for a while and have done a good amount of research. I have a good amount of savings also, I hope by the end of the summer to have 5 digits. I do have a couple questions for you guys too if you would be so kind to answer them.

1.) Should I start looking into campus rentals near campus? Or should I start looking at multi-families in Rochester, NY? (I am 30 minutes away from there) Or none at all?

2.) Should I look to invest after college or pay off loans? I should have about 22.5k in debt with 6.4%.

I am looking to do rental properties, and I am the more business/numbers guy, and my friend wants to join in on the deals with me also. He is more of a construction/maintenance guy and can also put up some cash.

3.) Would he be worth partnering with for rental buy-and-holds?

4.) What would be the most efficient strategy for it to be fair and we get a lot accomplished?

5.)If I shouldn't be looking for any deals anytime soon, which I would love to do, what would be the best way to practice and get better at picking/analyzing deals? Or how could I shorten the learning curve?

I know this is a lot but it has been on my mind for a while.

Thanks,

Kyle

Loading replies...