Where in Austin around 200K?

Where in Austin around 200K?

Redmond, WA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes

I am looking to buy SFH in Austin around 200k for investment purposes. Any suggestions on which area I should look around?

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 119 posts · 46 votes
12y

for buy and hold, look in round rock, pflugerville, or Leander.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Pflugerville, Hutto, Kyle, etc.  Buying in Austin is possible too in the outskirts, but that price point is tough now.  

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 119 posts · 46 votes
    12y

    for buy and hold, look in round rock, pflugerville, or Leander.

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    I agree with @Bryan and @Jeff, try to look Buda, 78719 and 78744

  • Real Estate Investor · Kyle, TX · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Kyle/Buda are practically the same community, but you will find more in your price range in Kyle 78640 or the southern zip of Buda @ 78610.  The average price is much lower, and it's actually growing faster in Kyle than it is in Buda.  FYI, Hays county is forecasted to be the fastest growing county in the state over the next four decades.  Solid area to be looking, and the pricing isn't through the roof much like Austin right now.

  • Jason GrotePro Member
    Developer · Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 286 posts · 88 votes
    12y

    @Jerry Gates I recommend Buda (78610) or north Austin (78758). Kyle is overbuilt and has been for years, when the market draws back, Kyle always loses its value. That being said, it probably will be a good long-long term investment, but Buda has had much more control on its growth which has driven its prices up. However, at $200k, you can find plenty in Buda. Hope that helps!

  • Redmond, WA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thank you for all the valuable information. I have started looking in these areas.

    I see that there are some homes in Manchaca area as well. Any information about this area?

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 65 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    I'm looking to buy my first out of state around Austin. Is 78641 Leander a good area? Any insights from anyone? I'm thinking of buying and hold for rental. Any thoughts?

  • Rehabber · Georgetown, TX · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    12y
    Sorry to hop onto this post, but what do you guys think about Georgetown?
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 119 posts · 46 votes
    12y

    @Josh Reborchick I grew up in Georgetown and have lived there most of my life, so I know the area pretty well. The majority of the rental properties are on the east side, including some duplexes & fourplexes. Below are the most recent market stats for East Georgetown. The median sales price up is 16.5% over the past year, yet the median sales price is still below $200,000. The typical tenant profile is going to be a young family or possibly students at Southwestern University. The average rent for a 3/2 single family in Georgetown for the past 90 days is $1,463/month, so I would focus on homes priced under $150,000. Overall, I like Georgetown. The schools are good, and our tenants usually stay for several years.

  • Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 154 posts · 61 votes
    12y

    Look at 78747 McKinney Heights or Springfield area.  Newer houses with low maintenance, rent well, about 10 miles to downtown.  Lots of growth in that area and they are working on a 555 acre park that will the biggest in Austin (onion creek metropolitan park).  I think it's still undervalued although prices have gone up quite a bit in the last few years.  We own some rentals there and they've performed well.

  • Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 154 posts · 61 votes
    12y

    If you do buy there obviously don't buy a new build , look for a deal in which you can create some equity by buying under market.....I would say that goes for any rental you buy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.