Making Offers

3 Replies

I am having tough times finding properties and making offers.

Many investors make 100's of offers in couple months while I have made only 6 offers in last 8 months. I

Need help in how to start making more and more offers. Should I be making blind offers or look at the proeprties and then make offers.

If I make blind offers by estimating repairs and when that offer gets accepted, do I then go and look at the property, what if my repairs estimates are terribly off.

Please provdie guidance on how to start making more offers. My exit strategy is to assign the deal, once under contract.

Thanks,
Bimal

I personally am not a believer in 'blind' offers,,if you get one accepted, then back out of the deal you will find it harder to get agents (including sellers agents) to work with you.

What is not important is not how many offer someone makes, but how many are accepted and are closed.

When the market was horrible I made a lot more offers than now,,in this market for me its hard to find deals worth making an offer on, so the number of offers is very low compared to a few years ago.

This isn't a sprint, it takes time

andy

I would not recommend making blind offers.

@Bimal Doshi  What is your farm area?  They should not be blind offers if you know what your buyers are looking for.  Know what neighborhoods your rehabbers and landlords are buying in and start working with them to get an idea of there acquisition price, rehab budget, desired rate of return and tolerance of risk.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide