Good website for contractor ratings/reviews

3 Replies

Hi All,

Quick question.  In your opinion, what is the best medium to find good, fair contractors that are willing to work with you and build a lasting relationship.  Do you utilize sites like angieslist? Are there other sites available? Word of mouth? Also, on average how long has it taken some members here with successful flips/real estate stories to get a solid contact list for the necessities to make you successful in real estate flipping/investing.

Thanks!

Kyle

Good question, curious to hear what people say. I've had decent luck with homeadvisor.com (it's free). They screen all their contractors and have great ratings although I think they are priced a little high.

I have only used homeadvisor.com (free) and the majority of contractors that I have used have been great.  There have been a small percentage of misses too.

I mostly use Angie's List for my personal residence and my one nearby rental.  If you choose a highly rated contractor on the list that has more than just a few reviews I think you will do well.  They may not be as amazing as some of the reviews, but they won't be crooks and will be competent.  They have been infinitely better than the contractors my home warranty company has sent out.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.