Help as what to look for in a first time property flip

3 Replies

I recently just received my real estate license and im trying to look for a good beginner property to flip. Im looking for an REO or bank owned property and will be paying cash. Any tips or pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated! Im pretty nervous getting my first property, but I am trying to do all the homework so that I dont get in over my head. Thank you in advance!

Adam

You make your money when you buy right.

In PA I have buddies getting SFR from the County Tax Repository Sales for $500-2,500 each.

Paul

Wow that is a big question. 

If you have not yet grab the house flipping book on here will help you a lot. 

I will give you four things, 

One:  look for something with a min profit of 25%

Two: Stay away from major electrical work

Three: Foundation

Four: Roofing

Stick to the easy House first to get your feet wet. You will pay more but that will be less of a nightmare for a new flipper. 

Good luck and let us all know how it goes.

Sydney, thank you. I actually just did order the book today. 

Mainly looking to get something that needs minor cosmetic work. I'm fairly knowledgeable in construction, so I have some idea as what to look for and stay away from.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.