Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Hepner
  • Greensburg, PA
Votes |
Need help ASAP again! (buying bank-owned)

Patrick Hepner
  • Greensburg, PA
Posted Jul 10 2014, 14:19

OK, so I am in the process of purchasing a property owned by Bank of America. The stipulation of the sale was that I was not allowed to turn on utilities / get the property inspected until I own the property. I had a contractor look through the property, and I am somewhat handy myself to get a general idea of the issues that could arise. I am comfortable with this property and with waiving the inspection contingency....

Here's the problem....

Where I live (Western PA) it is REQUIRED by my county that in order to close on a property, a dye test is mandatory, and zoning/planning explained that regardless of what the bank says, a third party inspection is mandatory... period.

The Bank has expressed that they are selling strictly as is, and do not want any inspections done. The risk, obviously is that if an inspection reveals something major, it could delay and further complicate their ability to sell the property.

So I cannot buy the property until I have the inspection that I'm not allowed to have.... ?

Certainly someone on here must have had a similar situation with a bank owned property.... any advice, or ideas as to the next steps would be greatly appreciated folks. As it stands, I am just going to contact my agent and let her know what I was able to determine while on the pone with these various utilities...

Finally, the bank is pushing for a quick close, which I am comfortable with, but it looks inevitably like we will not be closing in 10 days.

help!

Loading replies...