Flipping in memphis TN

6 Replies

Guys is it possible to buy low and sell high. Just say the house sales for 8K and it needs 25K in repairs ARV is 135000 Can I sell this property for 125000 If the comp line up.

anything is possible but that will not work here.  No one here is making profit like that. Deals like that would be so good everyone would be bidding on them driving the price up. 

Is it impossible to do what would be the hold up. Is it too big of a spread.

Yes impossible. Well you might do it once but not as a business.

Roosevelt, that is a story book scenario. Memphis is a great town to flip houses in; but it's  a business. Profits are made knowing the market, knowing the numbers, finding motivated sellers and working your tail off ;-)

Best of Success to You

Yea pretty impossible here.

Numbers don't tend t work like that in this market

What is the area your investing in, what i'm saying is how many sales in the last 3 months? How many houses are vacant in the area? What is the neighborhood like? Would you live in the house if you can't sell it soon? Just some rules I live by when looking to invest in property.

Jay

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.