HELP!! Comps for East Stroudsburg, PA

2 Replies

I have a really nice property that I'm looking at in a good area of East Stroudsburg, but I am having trouble getting reliable comps on it.  I usually run the comps through my freedomsoft software but that doesn't recognize the address. Zillow has the value at 3x what the average area sales are for, there's nothing on Eppraisal, ane realestate.com is outdated.  Itried using the address to the property next door but the comps came up for properties a mile away, each still 60-100K under the sellers asking price and the 200K under the zestimate.  There was one house that sold at the zillow estimate recently, but this seems to be the exception rather thatn the norm. Should I call a realtor? 

what about trying this site

http://findcompsnow.com

its been pretty good to me, about a 5% differencial in price.   

But yes, call the realtor and have them give you sold comps within a 1 mile radius.   Go 60 days out.   But you may have to go back 90 days, just depends on the area.

1 more thing

Pull pending comps in the area as well.  I like to do this because it gives me an idea of what the market is doing.    adjusting upwards or downwords

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here