First deal Need help

3 Replies

A deal has come up That believe is a great deal.  Only thing is I dont have enough for a down. I could partner up but My network is still small. My plan is Find Hard money lender buy the home then refi after 2 months. Please let me know your thoughts. good bad. I'll take it all. Message if you would like details. thanks everyone BP is the ish!!!

You didn't say but I am guessing this is a buy and hold deal.  Hard money lenders will generally expect you to have money in the deal, so you will likely need a down payment anyway.  Also are you sure you can refi in 2 months? Most lenders will want some seasoning and will expect you to have equity or at least be at a very low loan to value 65%~

If you don't have any money for a down payment are you ready to do rentals? Rentals and flips require cash reserves. If you have no money you are counting on everything going right, that is a big risk.

@Ned Carey  

I have cash in hand but I short a few grand. Breakdown is 

Home-35k

Down at 25%-8750

cash-5k

updated (2family)

cashflow- 500 monthly

I'm not wishing on a star but looking for help I guess Thanks for the heads up.

If hard money wants a down of the same Then I still in the same boat thanks 

Hard money lenders are usually local and make their own terms. I my area they universally want you to have "Skin in the game"  This was not the case in the boom  they would do 100% for the right deal.  This may not be the case in your area but I suspect you will still have issues with the refinance. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here