First step

13 Replies

Hello everyone. Ok it's been a while since my last post. I have finally decided what I'm looking for. It's. A multi fam unit in Easton P. A. For under 100k. should be able to get nice property with little work needed. It's will be a rental unit and I will be an absentee owner I'll be staying in Brooklyn. I am considering making some space available at the property for my self so I can have a place to stay if needed to go up there to take care of something. There is so many properties out there it is scary to pick the right one. Especially the first one no can't afford a mistake. Anyone knows a honest ahem in Lehigh valley area who specializes in investment properties in the area. Thanks.

Arthur,

If I can help in any way let me know.  Is there a reason you are picking Easton?  Would you consider surrounding areas?

Jon

Hi Jon ,
Thanks for responding to my post. We'll I've been researching Lehigh valley and seem to narrow it down to Easton. So this is what I'm looking for.
1. Multi unit (preferably occupied no section
8).
2. Downtown or near by.
3. Separate water meters.
4. Must pass city inspection.
5. Upto date water main, sewer, electric, roof , heat.
6. Under 100k
Thanks.

Are you looking for an agent?

I will be. Know anyone?

Arthur

Connect with me as colleague and well get in touch over the phone. I have someone who can help

Jon

Just wanted to update everyone. And to thank you all.

Got a town house, fixed it up, and rented.  (easton).

On my way to financial freedom...

Property update. 

Everything A ok.  Tenant pays on time and no breakdowns. (Knock on wood )

Actively searching for new property..

Hey @Arthur D.  I live on Staten Island and I'm considering buying in the Leigh Valley since NYC prices are out of my league.  My brother lives in Allentown and would be able to oversee things.  What area of Easton did you end up buying in?  How long did it take you to find tenants?

West Easton is ok. As per tenant see my post (felony tenant). There are plenty of tenants but you need to screen them good. 

I live in Queens, but grew up in the Lehigh Valley. My wife and I are just beginning the hunt to make our first purchase out there. Haven't landed on a specific neighborhood or niche yet, but excited to hear others are doing the same.

Hello @Arthur D. I enjoyed reading about your story and I'm glad it worked out well for you.  I am also from Brooklyn and I try to do as much research I can before I have to drive out to any place.  I was just in Allentown today driving around looking at some multi-units for the same purpose as you. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here